In 2012, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving in the United States was coined Giving Tuesday to represent "a global generosity movement that unleashes the power of radical generosity around the world". 10 years later, it's become a worldwide movement for immense impact in a singular day. And the best part? There are so many ways to participate in Giving Tuesday!
Join the Giving Tuesday movement!
Whether you contribute financially, spread the word about a cause you're passionate about, or spread thanks and love to the people around you, Giving Tuesday is for everyone.
Here are 5 ideas to mark the moment (and the movement):
1. Make a thank you card for someone important in your life.
2. Post or repost a cause you care about on social media. Prompt your friends and family to learn more!
3. Give back to our planet and pick up trash you see throughout the day.
4. Volunteer locally. Look up opportunities near you and plan to get involved!
5. Donate to an organization that's doing work you're passionate about.
A Little Goes a Long Way.
At Global Brigades, we're passionate about financial transparency. Here are a few of our favorite examples of what your donations can directly contribute to.
Support a Global Brigades partner community!
$25 provides a micro-loan to increase one family's income potential.
$50 provides 4 households access to clean water for 1 year.
$70 provides 12 people access to community health services for 1 year.
$85 allows in-home access to a new sanitation unit, eco-stove, and water filter.
Thank you for all that you do to further our vision of millions of empowered community members with the resources and capacity to thrive. Global Brigades wishes you and your loved ones a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season!