This page contains all of our latest information and updates about the safety situation in Honduras. Please take a look at the following articles, blog posts, safety webinar, and testimonial video to better familiarize yourself with the safety procedures Global Brigades has in place.
Global Brigades began operations in Honduras in 2004 and safety has always been our number one concern. If you have any questions or concerns about any safety issue, please contact Danielle Starry, Travel Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Honduras Risk and Safety Webinar: Co-Founders, Quique Rodriguez and Steve Atamian, conduct an online webinar to personally address sfety concerns and to provide a platform for volunteers to directly ask questions about the safety situation in Honduras. Click here to download an audio copy of the one-hour webinar which provides an extensive overview of the safety risks and safety precautions in place in Honduras.
Honduras Risk and Safety Webinar: Co-Founders, Quique Rodriguez and Steve Atamian, conduct an online webinar to personally address safety concerns and to provide a platform for volunteers to directly ask questions about the safety situation in Honduras.
- Students Discuss Brigade Safety in Honduras: The following video contains personal testimonials from brigaders about their thoughts and feelings about the safety of brigading in Honduras.
- Is Honduras Safe? A Perspective of a Native NGO Director: This article is written by Quique Rodriques, Executive Director of Global Brigades Honduras. Quique has been a part of Global Brigades since it began in Honduras in 2004. He is a native Honduran who currently lives and works in Honduras overseeing all of our on-the-ground operations.
- Overview of Global Brigade Safety Procedures and How We Operate Differently than the Peace Corps: This article provides an overview of our safety procedures in place in Honduras and describes how brigade programs operate differently than the Peace Corps.
- Response to Peace Corps’ Decision to Suspend Operation in Honduras: This article helps address questions and concerns about the Peace Corps’ decision to suspend operations in Honduras.
- The Risks and Rewards of Helping Honduras: An article featured in the Miami Herald newspapers discusses the risks and rewards of volunteering in Honduras.