During this holiday season and time of reflection as we enter the new year, Global Brigades would like to extend a “Thank You” to all of our volunteers, community members, and staff for all of their contributions.
From our expansion to Ghana to the implementation of a new model in Panama, 2011 has been a revolutionary year for Global Brigades, and none of this could have been possible without your help. We are continually struck by the dedication of our volunteers, who not only give up their vacation time to participate in meaningful service trips, but who continue to raise awareness of global issues on their campus upon return, fundraise for important programs like the Patient Referral Program and Community Health Workers program, and find creative ways to spread the GB message of student and community empowerment.
Here are a few efforts in 2011 that we would like to highlight:
- Congratulations to the 45 Campus Chairpersons that were elected to lead the holistic model on their campus
- Thank you to all the campus leaders who participated in our 3rd annual Student Leadership Conferences
- Thank you to all of our donors to the Patient Referral Program. Because of your efforts, GB has helped bring life-saving medical care to rural community members
- Thank you for everyone’s patience and flexibility as we rolled out Empowered.org, which is positioned for a very exciting 2012
- Thanks to Brigaders from DePaul University, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Northwestern University, Architecture Brigades completed the first GB school in Honduras
- Thanks to Penn State, Dental Brigades now has its 4th Restorative Dental Unit
- Thank you to Brigaders from Mount Allison for compiling this testimonial video
- Congratulations to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on winning the 2011 Most Creative Campus Advocacy Video Contest
- Thank you to all the amazing women who participated in the launch of our Women’s Empowerment Program in Panama
- Thank you to every single volunteer for your impact in improving the lives of under-resourced community members
We also would like to give a big GRACIAS and ME DAASE PAA to the phenomenal community members we work with in Honduras, Panama, and Ghana! Not only do community members generously welcome volunteers into their communities and homes, but they actively collaborate with Global Brigades on every step of project implementation. We would especially like to thank all of the community members who go above and beyond by serving as members of the local committees that perpetuate these projects and follow up in between Brigades.
Global Brigades wishes everyone a happy holiday season and a sincere thank you for all of your efforts!