Medical Brigades Coordinator – GHANA
We are recruiting for a Medical Brigades Coordinator to be located in Ghana. Please read the job description below, and then email your resume and cover letter to Allen Gula at email@example.com
The medical program coordinator observes, analyzes, and strengthens the medical and dental programs while working with students, community members, and the program directors in order to improve patient care, volunteer experience, and project sustainability. He or she affects long-term change within the health care programs by both advocating for student-inspired improvements and through influencing the development of program models through his or her own understanding of what modifications are necessary. The position is comprised of many different tasks and responsibilities, each based on these goals. Leading medical and dental brigades is also central to the position in that the medical program coordinator must work closely with students and communities in order to evaluate the model and implement change. As a brigade leader, the medical program coordinator will also function as both the primary representative of Global Brigades to students while in-country and as the manager of the medical team staff during the week of the brigade. In addition to offering an opportunity to work with community members in the planning and execution of brigades, this position also includes building relationships with volunteers and communicating the vision of the medical program.
- Work with students, professionals, and program leads to continually strengthen medical and dental programs through feedback and analyzing brigade experiences
- Ensure complete execution of the brigade through both community planning and volunteer direction
- Communicate the idea of the organization’s holistic model and the way in which the medical and dental programs play an essential role in our overall objective through active volunteer interaction, and ensure that this is done on all other medical and dental brigades
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer education in the Data Informatics System, clinic flow, Global Brigades history and details on each program Effectively lead medical brigades groups in assigned communities.
- Work along side with Medical Brigade advisors to plan and execute the Medical Brigade.
- Identify appropriate in-country partners to improve likelihood of successes.
- Identify potential communities by working alongside the Research and Evaluation team for reporting and analysis.
- Monitoring program successes and challenges in quantitative studies.
- Continue to develop a referral strategy for brigade patients.
- Assist in community organizing and communication.
- Helping develop and providing support to community counsels.
- Maintain regular communication with Program Manager and Officer to communicate successes of in-country programs.
- Assist in encouraging brigaders to participate in future internships (summer brigade internship, advising/coordinator internships, chairperson, etc.)
- Executing a cross-pollination strategy, materials and messaging during and between brigades.
- Fostering an internal culture of empowerment.
- Working in a collaborative environment with all programs existing in Panama and Honduras
- Maintaining a positive attitude and striving towards constant improvement
BRIGADE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with ED, Program Manager, and logistics team in assigning all medical staff (doctors, dentists, pharmacists, ect.) to each medical brigade.
- Acquire all necessary documentation (doctor permits, medication permits) from the Ghanaian Ministry of Health and send to the respective leaders of each brigade.
- Collaborate with all Medical Brigades coordinators, interpreters and other staff members to ensure quality and safety throughout every brigade season.
- Maintain the pharmacy inventory alongside a local pharmacist and authorize distribution of donations.
- Elaborate a monthly, quarterly and annual report of the activities held by Medical Brigades (number of patients seen, referrals and cytologists performed).
- After each medical brigade send results of cytologists, treatments and references of each and every single one of the communities visited.
- A bachelor’s degree in any area of study
- Previous leadership position including team management
- Previous brigade experience or volunteer position within Global Brigades preferred
- Highly organized, motivated, and able to work very well under stressful conditions
- Excellent public speaking ability
For more employment information contact Allen Gula at firstname.lastname@example.org.