Dear Brigaders and Supporters:
We are thrilled to have created an account on SmugMug, an online photo-sharing system, to help catalog an extensive collection of images of brigades and the communities we work in. This new system will allow us to better visually showcase the work that we do to potential brigaders and the public in general. It is also a great feature allowing anyone who has been on a brigade to easily find a collection of high-quality pictures from their trip in one location.
Brigaders, we need your help to populate the site with pictures from brigades you have participated in. Please read the instructions below for info on how to upload your photos to this program for free. Once your pictures are uploaded, you will have a high-resolution online photo album of your trip with a link you can send to family and friends. We will also be selecting our favorite shots to feature in a slideshow on the main page of www.globalbrigades.org, and one photo will be selected as our new Facebook icon! This is a great way to share your memories with a larger audience, to help us visually get the word out about the impact we have in under-resourced communities, and an opportunity to have your photos showcased by Global Brigades!
Please upload your photo albums today! Any brigade-related shots (images of your friends on brigades, the community, the compounds, etc) are all encouraged to be uploaded! Please make sure to not include any photos of students performing teeth extractions (as this policy has recently changed) or of any potentially offensive material. Please note that these pictures will be visible to the public.
Help us get the word out about this awesome new social-media tool! Encourage any brigaders you know to upload their pictures too! We are hoping to develop an extensive collection that will document brigades, our communities, and projects over the years.
- Email: pictures@ globalbrigades.org
- Password: globalbrigades
- Month & Year – if your brigade was in March 2010, separate month and year. ex: March, 2010
- University Name – shorthand OK, but try to stay away from full acronyms unless it’s apparent because of potential confusion – University of Washington and University of Wisconsin are both abbreviated as UW. When in doubt, use the name most commonly used. ex: UC Berkeley, Univ of Washington, Chapman, Colombia, UT Austin, etc.
- Brigade Program – no acronyms please, just program name – ex: Medical, Business, Water, etc.
- Community – ex: Flor Azul, Pajarillos, Kuna Yala, etc.
- Action Item – “deliverables” – ex: digging, workshop, solar panel, pipe lines, pilas, latrines, medications, extraction, loan, blueprint, etc.