Announcing the Global Brigades Photo Contest! Global Brigades is launching a photo contest to collect photo submissions from Brigaders of their favorite photos taken on Brigades.
Deadline extended to October 15th, 2011
Photos selected from the competition will be featured in the first ever Global Brigades Photo Book/Calendar! The photo book/calendar will be sold to help raise funds for Global Brigades’ Patient Referral Program, and is a creative way to showcase all of our work in rural communities in Honduras, Panama, and Ghana.
Submit your photos today for a chance to have your work published! We are looking for creative, artistic, and compelling shots of: the communities we work in, community members, Brigade work, and scenic shots. Help us tell the Global Brigades story through a visually rich format!
- We ask that each participant submit a maximum of 3 photos. If you would like to submit more, please email Christina Hirsch at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this possibility.
- Photos must be submitted via email. Please see instructions below for details.
- Photos submitted must have been taken by the person submitting the photos.
- Global Brigades will select the winning photos to be featured in the Global Brigades Photo Book/Calendar by our in-house panel of photo editors.
- Photos must have been taken in-country while participating on a Brigade.
- If your photos are selected for the Photo Book/Calendar, Global Brigades will recognize you by printing your name next to your work. Global Brigades will not provide any additional compensation for photos submitted or printed in the Photo Book/Calendar.
- Global Brigades will donate any profits from the sale of the Photo Book/Calendar to the Patient Referral Program to help community members receive needed medical care.
- Please read the following Photo Release & Consent Terms for full terms of Global Brigades’ usage of photos submitted.
- The deadline to submit photos is: October 15, 2011
How to Submit Your Photos:
Now easier than ever: Simply email your photos as an attachment to Christina Hirsch at email@example.com. In your email, include:
- Your full name, your email address, your school, the Brigade program you participated in, and the month/year the photo was taken. Example: Jane Doe, firstname.lastname@example.org, UCSC, Water Brigades, 06/2010.
- Type “photo contest” in the subject line
About the Patient Referral Program:
Global Brigades’ referral system promotes sustainability of Global Brigades programs by ensuring that our patients receive necessary care at all times. This program assists with necessary medical care that falls outside the scope of brigades and the referral program facilitates the entire process of administering this care. First, a Global Brigades physician identifies patients on brigades who need follow-up care. Second, depending on the nature and severity of the needed care, Global Brigades will either immediately take patients to the hospital or assist in the process of scheduling the necessary health services. Then the referral program raises funding for the care and ensures the patient is able to access it.