Internship: Full-Time Team Member
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief description highlighting your background and what you’d like to accomplish with Empowered, or with any questions about the position.
Who We Are
Empowered.org is the world’s fastest growing online platform centered on non-profit consulting and helping groups create social good around the world. We launched in October 2010 and already have more than 30,000 volunteers making an impact and have raised over $7 million towards global progress.
Our team is a close-knit group comprised of passionate and progressive idealists; our primary objective is to serve organizations. We help them make use of the web to manage and mobilize their volunteers and donors.
What We Need
Motivated & enthusiastic individuals who want to be a part of a non-profit consulting team. Prospective candidates must have the necessary skills to support our marketing and web-teams and be able to work with a diverse variety of non-profit groups.
This is a full-time position to live in Honduras or Panama.
The position requires a full-time worker in either Honduras or Panama, where you will live and work approximately 30-40 hours a week for Empowered.org. You will coordinate with the Empowered Team, both in the US and abroad, to forge new relationships, grow existing relationships and further the platform on the whole.
Our environment is second-to-none. All Empowered team members work in concert with each other and are encouraged to provide new ideas, concepts and perspectives to help the platform blossom.
In sum, we believe this is an extremely unique chance to experience another country and work towards helping Empowered continued growth into a true social good for non-profits and organizations.
As an Empowered team member, you will reap the benefits of your own productivity. Your position will consist of many components, including:
- Web site product creation, including content, messaging and marketing
- Creating and mapping new marketing strategies
- Managing relationships with groups and non-profit workers
- Managing social media enterprise and utilizing social connections
- Designing and editing the EmpoweredBlog
- And much more!
- Learn from a hard-working and dedicated team
- Experience a new country and culture
- Make connections within the social action and online start-up community
- Collaborate with influential volunteer groups and non-profits
- Gain valuable experience in production, project management, marketing, and business development
- A love of social change and desire to help people/groups
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Background in writing, marketing or public relations (perfect for Social Science majors/graduates)
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Illustrator not essential but a plus
Please e-mail email@example.com with your resume and a brief description highlighting your background and what you’d like to accomplish with Empowered. We look forward to hearing back from you!