Global Brigades is officially 10 years old! We are deeply grateful for the passionate people who have helped us grow to the point of being a thriving sustainable development organization. Volunteers, staff, and community members have poured creativity, efficiency, and expertise into our organization and kept us accountable throughout the process. We wouldn’t be here today without your persistent support, so thank you!
In June 2008 we received our 501(c)(3) status from the IRS, and we’re celebrating by sharing ten amazing things we have been able to accomplish. Enjoy the updates below!
- We’ve provided over 1 million medical consultations, free of cost. 1 MILLION!
- 17,000+ people now have access to clean water.
- Over 300 Community Health Workers can now provide basic healthcare services in rural communities.
- We’ve been fortunate to work with over 65,000 incredibly passionate volunteers.
- Our work is reflective of Sustainable Development Goals 3, 6, and 8.
- We’ve actually been brigading with our student movement for 15 years, and our official status came in 2008.
- Our Monitoring and Evaluation team diligently tracks the sustainable impact of our Holistic Model.
- We have opportunities for research partnerships.
- Many volunteers who once attended a Medical Brigade as an undergraduate student, have since graduated from medical school, and are now licensed healthcare professionals can practice medicine on a specialized Alumni Brigade.
- Our work is progressing now more than ever!
One decade down, and many more to go! Learn more about how you can get involved with our work here on our website.